What is Hand Hygiene?
We use our hands to eat, grab things, hold, work, play and so much more. Occasionally, we use our hands to touch our face, eyes, nose, mouth and more. For many reasons our hands are extremely useful in our lives, they also can be a medium to germs and bacteria infection. Greater spread of disease and infection is a result of poor hand hygiene.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the importance of hand hygiene has become more prevalent. This is why effective hand hygiene should be encouraged at all times, no matter where you are and what you’re doing. By encouraging hand washing practice, we can avoid any risk of bad health at home, school and in the workplace.
World Handwashing Day
World Handwashing Day has been celebrated every October 15th since 2008. It was created to promote effective handwashing with water and soap. This is probably the cheapest, easiest and effective way to prevent disease and save lives. Proper hand washing also helps prevent the spread of other infections and viruses including influenza and COVID-19.
Best time to wash your hands is right after:
- when your hands are dirty
- before eating or touching the food
- before/after taking care of a sick person
- after touch your pets/animals
- after sneeze and cough
- after using the toilet
- after dealing with garbage
Watch the video to learn the proper method handwashing technique. Every children should be educated the importance of hand hygiene.
3 Top Reasons Why Hand Hygiene is Important
- Protecting Yourself From Bacteria – The surfaces & objects we touch with our hands are mostly covered with germs and bacteria. Washing our hands helps get rid of them.
- Cleanliness & Grooming – Good hygiene gives you and others a sense of comfort. Imagine shaking others’ hands with dirty hands!
- Prevention of Diseases & Illness – Diarrhoea is one of the most common effects of poor cleanliness. Rotavirus is the most common cause of diarrhoea disease among infants and young children.
Fight Germs & Bacteria with BabyOrganix
When soap and water is not available, an effective sanitiser can be used for handwashing. But there is a catch and there are some facts about hand sanitiser that we must know. Most hand sanitisers on the market often contain a form of alcohol, such as ethyl alcohol. It is an active ingredient and works as an antiseptic. Other ingredients could include water, fragrance, and glycerin.
Some of them may contain triclosan. This ingredient can also be found in soaps and even toothpaste. Although they can be labelled as antiseptic yet, triclosan might be hazardous to human health. BabyOrganix‘s Naturally Kinder Hand Sanitiser is made in case there is no water and soap nearby.
The ingredients used have proven to sanitize the hand without leaving any harmful residues. Made from 100% plant based anti-pathogen developed in the USA. It’s safe to swallow formulas that kill 99.9% of bacteria, germs, fungus and virus. If your little one has sensitive skin, then this sanitiser is for you! Keep one in your kid’s school bag so they can practice handwashing in school or the playground!